Tuesday 5 October 2010

Maya experimentation 4

I know Matthew suggested having the trailer start with the Astronauts already on Mars, but I still think the opening shot should be of Mars through the window of the shuttle. I think this would be a more effective establishing shot as Mars from space is recognisable, whereas from the surface it could be mistaken for a generic desert on Earth or another planet. Anyway, whether we decide to use it or not, I created a scene to get a better idea of what it could look like.






It could look really nice with a bit of jitter and with Mars slowly rotating / getting bigger. Tell me what you think, and, if you have any suggestions regarding this scene in particular then I'll make it quickly in Maya and render it out.

2 comments:

  1. Really like this Simon. I think we could even start with this....and then go into the shot on Mars with the craft landing, with the voiceover: "4 crewmembers, on a mission etc....."

    Also, we need to finalise our storyboard tomorrow, I think we should really talk about the WHOLE storyboard, shot by shot, so we can have a complete storyboard, we did state that it was to be done by tomorrow aswell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea man, shouldn't take too long either as we have a good idea of what we want to do.

    ReplyDelete